system two

system two
start-up thinking in the enterprise

Thursday, 4 June 2009

banking risk.....

Santander seem to be taking a hell of a risk by ditching well established brands such as Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley.

Do users really have any sort of emotional connection to Santander? To me Santander sounds like a dodgy Spanish developer.

In a market which is seeing increased competition from more local - human forms of banking- going with such a bland, meaningless name feels like a big mistake.

And while we're on the subject of banking marketing mistakes - a word to Aviva - you'd better make sure you mean what you say when you spend millions telling us we're "no longer numbers".

My pension happens to be with Norwich Union - and it turns out according to moneybox on radio 4 - over the course of the next 30 years - if I stayed with you - because of your higher fees - I'll see upwards of £250k less in my pension pot....

No comments:

Post a Comment